PVR Forms JV With Thailand’s Major For Bowling Lanes In India

13 May, 2009

 

 

 

Private equity backed film exhibition and distribution company PVR Ltd has entered into a joint venture with Thailand’s Major Cineplex group to open 500 bowling lanes across India. The Indian entertainment firm plans to invest Rs 100 crore in the JV over the next three years.

While PVR will hold the majority stake of 51% in the JV, Major Cineplex will hold the remaining 49%. Global fashion bowling brand ‘Blu-O’ will be set up in India under the JV.

The investment will come from the JV partners’ internal accruals. The JV comes as a part of PVR’s plans to expand PVR’s operations and take it ahead from a film entertainment company to a retail entertainment player. The bowling lanes would be opened in metros and tier-1 cities. The first 24 lane bowlinf outlet is expecte to open in April this year.

Major Cineplex is also exploring opportunities for setting up its own independent entertainment centers in India. According to the Thailand based entertainment firm, many Indian real estate firms have approached it with land offers. The company is keen on opening entertainment centers in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai and Hyderabad. The firm is now considering various locations for opening entertainment centers similar to Major Cineplex complexes in Thailand.


Leave Your Comment
PVR aims to generate 20% of revenues from non-multiplex biz in 3-4 years

PVR aims to generate 20% of revenues from non-multiplex biz in 3-4 years

Diksha Dutta 5 years ago
PVR Ltd has been making a conscious effort to focus on its core business of movie exhibition for some time now and the recent deal...
L Capital to invest $19.5M in PVR, subsidiary

L Capital to invest $19.5M in PVR, subsidiary

Madhav A Chanchani 5 years ago
In its third deal in India, L Capital Asia has picked a 10 per cent stake in Ajay Bijli-promoted PVR Ltd for Rs 57.7 crore...
PVR, Thai partner to sell bowling venture to Smaaash Entertainment

PVR, Thai partner to sell bowling venture to Smaaash Entertainment

TEAM VCC 1 week ago
Multiplex chain PVR Ltd and its Thai partner Major Cineplex Group have agreed to sell their bowling joint venture to gaming arcade operator Smaaash Entertainment...
No Comments

PVR Forms JV With Thailand’s Major For Bowling Lanes In India

Powered by WordPress.com VIP