The Indian healthcare sector is seeing a rise in single-speciality and tertiary-care ventures. While both segments have attracted investors in recent times, it is yet to be deciphered which of the two is going to emerge as the true game-changer in India’s healthcare ecosystem.
With experts arguing in favour of single-speciality units’ potential to transform the healthcare landscape, one cannot discount the success and value brought forth by tertiary care units. Multispecialty tertiary-care units have an important gap to bridge, especially to ensure an accessible and comprehensive healthcare system.
There is no denying the fact that single-speciality hospitals have scripted their success story in the largely scattered Indian healthcare market. This impact has made prominent multispecialty and tertiary-care units explore options to enter single-speciality space by setting up units catering to exclusive categories.
It would be interesting to see how the concept of single speciality evolves further in the years to come, and if it would eventually hold a lion’s share of the healthcare business in India. Further, its impact on tertiary care and if they can bring any additional value to their services, over and above the ones being offered by the specialised care units, is yet to be seen.
Hear industry stalwarts share their views on the subject and contemplate the future of healthcare in India at News Corp VCCircle’s Healthcare Investment Summit. The summit will host exclusive panel discussions on single-speciality and tertiary-care facilities. The panel will host leading personalities of India’s healthcare industry.
Single-speciality space: Opportunities and challenges
Mahipal Sachdev, CMD, Centre for Sight
Vikram Vora, CEO, Mydentist
Dr. Bhupendra S. Avasthi, CEO and co-founder, Surya Mother & Childcare
Nitish Agrawal, MD, Indium Capital
Ajai Kumar, Chairman and CEO, HealthCare Global Enterprises Ltd
Rohit MA, MD, Cloudnine Hospitals
Sohil Chand, MD, Norwest Venture Partners
Secrets of success and future of tertiary care
Anupam Verma, President, Wockhardt Hospitals
Madhur Verma, MD, Sahyadri hospitals Ltd
Monika Sood, Co-founder and partner, Arete Advisors LLP
Vamesh Chovatia, Partner, Tata Capital Healthcare Fund (Moderator)
Other key topics to be discussed at the summit:
- The Indian healthcare industry: Where is the value creation happening?
- Rural vs urban: Strategies to bridge the gap
- Reverse pitch: Sectors that investors are closely watching
- Affordability, accessibility, awareness and availability: Impact of the 4As on the evolution of healthcare in India
- Is consolidation and diversification the way forward for mature healthcare players?
- Innovation and trends to watch out for in 2016-17
- Smart hospitals: What will hospitals of the future look like?
- Healthcare analytics: The net game-changer for the Indian healthcare industry
- Breakthrough tech innovation in pharma: R&D, delivery chains and investments
For branding and sponsorship opportunities, write to email@example.com.
Tweet us your thoughts. Follow us at @vccircleevents for updates and use our event hashtag #VCCHealth
Like this report? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get our top reports.