Xander To Invest $110M In Panchshil Realty - The Xander Group has invested $110 million (Rs 520 crore) in the hospitality division of Pune-based Panchshil Realty, which is developing seven hotels in the country under the Marriott brand of the US. The investment was done through a 'float deal', wherein Xander will get stakes in the projects as and when they get up and running. Panchshil would use the funds to develop 2,500 hotels in the next four years and has planned an public issue after that. (Business Standard)

SAIF In Talks To Buy Stake In PTC Financial Services - State-owned Power Trading Corp (PTC) is in talks with private equity fund SAIF Partners of Hong Kong to sell up to 11% stake. SAIF Partners may invest Rs 210 crore in PFS as negotiations are progressing to strike a deal at Rs 32-Rs 33 a share. Two other PE funds are also vying to buy a stake. PFS has appointed JM Financial, ICICI Securities and SBI Capital to manage the public issue. Financial services company Macquarie Capital, which is said to be advising PTC in the pre-IPO share sales, too is negotiating with a few PE funds to shed its 11.2% stake in PFS that it bought at Rs 16 a share two years ago. (Economic Times)

DM Healthcare Eyes More Funding - DM Group, one of the UAE's leading integrated health care companies, is planning to raise more private equity funding as it looks to expand its operations in India. DM Healthcare, which has raised funding from India Value Fund, may raise more funds from the same investor or bring in another PE fund. The company may also look at an IPO in India in three years. (GulfNews)

Axis Mulls ATM Deal With Third Party Players - Axis Bank is exploring options to monetise its 4,200 automatic teller machines (ATMs). The nation’s third-largest private sector bank may sell all its machines to third-party service providers. For an upfront payment, the bank may allow vendors to collect fees from other banks to let their customers use the lender’s ATMs.In effect, the bank will move its ATM assets off its balance sheet and outsource the management of the entire network to service providers, paying them on a per-transaction basis. Axis Bank has recently signed contracts with Prizm Payment Services and AGS Infotech to set up and manage 5,000 ATMs on a purely variable model. (BS)

L&T Finance Gets Infra Finance Co Status - L&T Infra, a subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro (L&T), today received the status of “Infrastructure Finance Company” from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), within the overall classification of non-banking finance company (NBFC). Recently, RBI had formed a separate category as infra NBFC. According to RBI, NBFCs holding a minimum of 75% of their total assets for financing infrastructure projects can be classified as infrastructure NBFC. This would lead to easy access of fund for L&T Infrastructure Finance Company. (BS)

Titagarh Wagons Acquires Frech Firm - Titagarh Wagons Ltd has acquired an ailing French freight car and rolling stock manufacturing company on Thursday for €12.5 million through court approved proceedings. Railway Tribunal De Commerce De Paris approved the TWL's takeover bid of IGF Industries — Arbel Fauvet Rail SA (AFR) on Wednesday. The Paris court asked TWL to bring in an additional € 2.5 million as initial working capital and retain 80 employees out of a total of 250. (HinduBusinessLine)

CEBBCO Plans Rs 170Cr Issue - Kanpur-based Commercial Engineers and Body Builders Company (CEBBCO), which makes bodies for commercial vehicles, is going for a Rs 170 crore initial public offering (IPO). The company supplies truck bodies to Tata Motors, Ashok Leyland and Volvo Eicher. The combined capacity of its plants is estimated to be 2000 units a month. CEBBCO clocked a turnover of Rs 180 crore and net profit of Rs 21 crore for the last fiscal. The promoters hold 77% stake in the company while New York Life International India Fund holds the rest 23%. (HBL)

eYantra Gets $7.5M From Argonaut - eYantra Industries, a brand merchandising and gifting solutions company, has raised $7.5 million from Argonaut Private Equity. The funds will be used to support its expansion into ‘reward stores' and ‘Green' gifts, and also to fund overseas plans. The funds will also be used for acquisition of three companies this year. (HBL)

Leave Your Comment(s)