Zydus Acquires Unit Of US-Based Nesher Pharma

17 June, 2011

Zydus Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Ahmedabad-based Cadila Healthcare Ltd, has acquired a unit of US-based Nesher Pharmaceuticals Inc. for an undisclosed amount.

The newly acquired unit, Nesher Pharmaceuticals Inc. Assets, consists of new and existing abbreviated new drug applications manufacturing facilities, as well as a research and development laboratory. With this acquisition, Zydus will be able to manufacture and distribute generic controlled substances in the US market.

“We believe this new development gives us access to a different–to-develop product pipeline, expertise and infrastructure that will add value to our generic operations in the USA,” said Pankaj R. Patel, chairman and managing director of Zydus Cadila.

Cadila Pharmaceuticals focuses on various areas, such as formulations (human & veterinary), new drug discovery, novel drug delivery, pharmaceutical ingredients, analytical research, phytochemistry, biotechnology, plant tissue culture, etc. The company markets its products through agents, wholesalers, and pharmacies.

Recently, Zydus Cadila and Bayer HealthCare (a part of Bayer AG with annual sales of more than $22.5billion) have signed an agreement to set up the joint venture company Bayer Zydus Pharma for the sales and marketing of pharmaceutical products in India. The company has also entered into JV agreement with US-based vaccine maker Novavax Inc. to develop, manufacture and market vaccines, pharmaceuticals and diagnostic products in India.

Earlier, Zydus Cadila completed the acquisition of South Africa-based Simayla Pharmaceuticals. Zydus, which has acquired 70 per cent stake in Simayla in 2008, bought the remaining 30 per cent stake. It also acquired Alpharma France (the French affiliate of one of the world’s largest generic companies) in 2003, Nippon Universal Pharmaceuticals Ltd of Japan and Quimica e Farmaceutica Nikkho do Brasil Ltd of Brazil in 2007, and Laboratorios Combix of Spain in 2008.

 


Leave Your Comment
Zydus Cadila acquires two drugs from Teva to strengthen US portfolio

Zydus Cadila acquires two drugs from Teva to strengthen US portfolio

Anuradha Verma 1 year ago
Drugmaker Cadila Healthcare, which operates under the brand Zydus Cadila, has decided to acquire Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd’s two abbreviated new drug applications (ANDAs), to...
Bayer Healthcare Inks JV With Zydus Cadila

Bayer Healthcare Inks JV With Zydus Cadila

TEAM VCC 6 years ago
Bayer HealthCare, part of Bayer AG with annual sales of more than EUR 15.9 billion, and Ahmedabad-based pharma player Zydus Cadila have signed an agreement...
Zydus Cadila acquires US drugmaker Sentynl Therapeutics

Zydus Cadila acquires US drugmaker Sentynl Therapeutics

Joseph Rai 5 months ago
Cadila Healthcare Ltd, which operates under the brand Zydus Cadila, has purchased US-based specialty pharmaceuticals company Sentynl Therapeutics Inc for an undisclosed amount in its...
No Comments

Zydus Acquires Unit Of US-Based Nesher Pharma

Powered by WordPress.com VIP