The initial public offer (IPO) of media content house Shemaroo Entertainment was fully covered on day 2 of the issue with retail investors leading the show, data collated by the bourses show.
Retail investors portion of the issue was oversubscribed while HNIs and QIBs are yet to fully bid for the portion reserved for them.
Earlier, Shemaroo had attracted mutual fund schemes under HDFC Asset Management and Birla Sun Life to come in as anchor investors and picking around 7.6 per cent of the diluted equity base for Rs 36 crore at the upper end of the price band of Rs 155-170 a share.
This makes it the third firm to see through an IPO since the new government took over and the fourth since January this year.
The two recent issues of Sharda CropChem and Snowman Logistics, saw bumper IPOs and both were oversubscribed 59x at the end of their issues.
Shemaroo issue has one more day to go and with HNIs known to join the bids on the last day, it is also expected to see wide oversubscription.
Yes Bank and ICICI Securities are managing the issue.
Here’s snapshot of the IPO
– Issue opened on September 16; closes on September 18
— Issue price band Rs 155-170 per share
— Public offer of 8.04 million shares including portion reserved for anchor investment
— Plans to raise up to Rs 120 crore ($20 million)
— Equity dilution of 28 per cent, valuing the firm at around Rs 475 crore ($78 million).
– Shemaroo is a content house and is into content acquisition, value addition to content and content distribution.
— In 1979, it set up India’s first video rental business and thereafter in 1987, forayed into distribution of content through the home video segment in the video home system (VHS) format. Over the years,it has expanded into content aggregation and distribution for broadcasting on television platforms. It is now looking at expansion into new media platforms.
– Its content library consists of more than 2,900 titles spanning new Hindi films like Queen, The Dirty Picture, Kahaani, OMG: Oh My God!, Black, Ishqiya, Slumdog Millionaire, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Omkara, Dil Toh Baccha Hai, Chandni Chowk to China, Bheja Fry 2, amongst others. Hindi films classics like Zanjeer, Beta, Dil, Disco Dancer, Mughal-e-Azam, Amar Akbar Anthony, Namak Halaal, Kaalia, Madhumati etc., titles in various other regional languages like Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali among others as well as non-film content.
– Distributes content through various mediums such as satellite, terrestrial and cable television; new media platforms consisting of mobile, internet, direct to home (DTH) and other applications; home entertainment and other media.
– Its recent initiatives include tying up as an official channel partner for Google’s You Tube where it is managing 32 channels. It is also moving beyond providing just content, to providing content management solutions to partners including
Tata DOCOMO’s video platform for 3G services and Airtel digital television in connection with an interactive devotional service, namely “iDarshan”.
Its overall strategy is structured around its content library and its successful monetization.
The key elements of its strategy include
– Scaling up content library driven by return on investment
– Enhancing monetization of content library through existing and emerging media platforms
– Enhancing revenue predictability through strategically packaged sales
– Optimizing content monetization across its life-cycle
Use of IPO proceeds
The firm plans to use bulk of the money for working capital requirement.
– The company is promoted by Raman Maroo and Atul Maru. Maroo, who is also the managing director of the firm, has been involved in media and entertainment industry for approximately 30 years. He has been instrumental in the firm’s expansion into television rights syndication as well as transformation of Shemaroo into a content house. Maru is the joint MD and spearheads the home video entertainment unit of the firm.
– The firm also has a string of other minority individual shareholders including Jayesh Parekh, one of the founders of Sony Entertainment Television India, and currently associated with VC firm Jungle Ventures.
Its consolidated total income, EBITDA and profit after tax for FY14 was Rs 265.95 crore, Rs 65.68 crore and Rs 27.26 crore respectively, representing growth of 23.07 per cent, 11.89 per cent and 16.32 per cent respectively, as compared to the previous year.