Sequoia MD Sandeep Singhal Joins eClerx Board

06 May, 2010

Sandeep Singhal, managing director of venture and growth capital investor Sequoia Capital India, has joined the board of data analytics firm eClerx Services Ltd. With approx 10% holding, Sequoia is the largest institutional shareholder  in the firm. 

Sequoia Capital has picked up 6.8% stake in eClerx from Virgin Islands-based investment firm Burwood Ventures last year. The stake was bought in an open market transaction for around Rs 43 crore. Later, in March this year, it picked up an additional 2.9% stake in the company that totals 9.7% stake. 

eClerx provides data analytics and customised process solutions to global enterprise clients from its offshore delivery centers in India. It also provides services to financial clients for brokers, dealers and hedge funds including accounting, reconciliation, confirmation, risk analysis and reporting. It claims to be the first public company in the KPO space.

PD Mundhra, executive director, eClerx, said, in a statement, “Sandeep’s rich expertise across the consulting and marketing domains, and his great experience with businesses in the US-India corridor will add a new dimension to the board’s discussions.”

Singal, on the other hand, said, “The offshore KPO services industry presents a huge opportunity for Indian players and eClerx is uniquely poised to capitalise on it. We are excited to back the management team of eClerx as they continue to deliver high value solutions to leading enterprise customers across the globe.” 

Sequoia Capital currently has around $1.8 billion under management. Some of its portfolio companies in India include Café Coffee Day, Comviva, Dr Lal Pathlabs, Edelweiss, Firstsource, GVK Biosciences, Idea Cellular, Just Dial, Shaadi.com and SKS Microfinance.


Leave Your Comment
Sequoia Capital India Picks Up 6.8% stake in eClerx

Sequoia Capital India Picks Up 6.8% stake in eClerx

Madhav A Chanchani 8 years ago
Sequoia Capital India continues to cherry pick stocks from the open markets. The venture and growth capital investor has picked up a 6.8% stake in...
Sequoia Capital part-exits KPO firm eClerx Services with 5x

Sequoia Capital part-exits KPO firm eClerx Services with 5x

Bhawna Gupta 2 years ago
Venture capital firm Sequoia Capital has part-exited its investment in eClerx Services Ltd, a knowledge process outsourcing (KPO) firm, by selling almost one-fourth of its...
How WestBridge is betting big on India’s construction & ancillary business with public market portfolio

How WestBridge is betting big on India’s construction & ancillary business with public market portfolio

Madhav A Chanchani 4 years ago
Bangalore-based WestBridge Capital Partners raised a $500 million fund back in August 2011, but what has it been doing since then? The PE firm, focused...
No Comments

Sequoia MD Sandeep Singhal Joins eClerx Board

Powered by WordPress.com VIP