| Log in

Paramount To Buyback Kotak PE, BCCL’s Stake

26 February, 2009

Coimbatore-based carrier Paramount Airways is planning to buy back 5% stake held in the company by external investors. The deal is likely to be announced in a few weeks and the domestic airline is likely to be valued at around $200 million, reports the Economic Times. The report states that Kotak Private Equity holds majority of the 5% stake, while the rest of the 95% stake is held by the promoter family.

The buy back will be funded through Paramount’s group companies. Earlier Paramount’s managing director M Thiagarajan told Hindu Business Line that they own 100% in every group company, and would like the same for the aviation business.

Earlier reports have stated that Kotak Private Equity through its India Growth Fund had picked up a 10% stake for $14-15 million in 2005. Bennett, Coleman & Company Ltd, the publishers of Times of India and Economic Times, had also picked up a stake in that deal.

Paramount currently has a presence in South only, where it claims to be the market leader with a 26% market share. It is now planning an expansion to the East and international flights.

Paramount is an all business class airline. Its fleet comprises of seven Embraers and has ordered 20 more to be delivered over the next two years.


Leave Your Comment
News Roundup: Promoters To Sell Stake In Shalimar Paints

News Roundup: Promoters To Sell Stake In Shalimar Paints

TEAM VCC 7 years ago
Promoters To Sell Stake In Shalimar Paints – Shalimar Paints, the 109 year...
News Roundup: Sanofi Leads Race to Buy Piramal Healthcare

News Roundup: Sanofi Leads Race to Buy Piramal Healthcare

TEAM VCC 9 years ago
Sanofi Emerges as Frontrunner in Race to Acquire Piramal Healthcare –...
Warburg Pincus Cuts Kotak Mahindra Bank Exposure; Pockets $73M

Warburg Pincus Cuts Kotak Mahindra Bank Exposure; Pockets $73M

Madhav A Chanchani 6 years ago
Private equity major Warburg Pincus has cut more stake in private sector lender...
No Comments

Paramount To Buyback Kotak PE, BCCL’s Stake

Powered by WordPress.com VIP