| Log in

News Roundup: Dutch Firm TNT Eyes Stake In Gati

04 February, 2011

Dutch Firm TNT Eyes Stake In Gati – The promoters of Gati Ltd, a domestic logistics and supply chain solutions firm, may sell a stake to a foreign strategic buyer even as the name of Dutch express distribution giant TNT emerged as a potential frontrunner. Gati has engaged one of the top four global consulting firms for a major restructuring of its operations. Gati promoters could rope in a strategic partner, who could possibly take a majority stake, in their core express delivery business post-restructuring. This division accounts for over 55% share of Gati’s consolidated turnover of nearly Rs 1,000 crore. (Times of India)

 

SAIL Bids For Mongolian Mines – State-run Steel Authority of India Ltd is one of the top 15 global steel and mining companies vying for part of Mongolia’s Tavan Tolgoi coal fields, widely regarded as one of the world’s-largest coal deposits with reserves of over 6-billion tonnes of high grade coking and thermal coal. SAIL is also in talks to set up a 3 million tonne steel plant in Mongolia with an investment of atleast Rs 13,500 crore.

Religare Wellness Eyes Buys In Africa, South Asia – The country’s largest diagnostic chain Religare Wellness plans to buy equity stakes in companies across several Africa and South Asian countries as part of the group strategy to build a global healthcare network. Religare Wellness is eyeing opportunities in Libya, Sudan, Kenya, Yemen, Tanzania and Saudi Arabia. At present, Religare Wellness, owned by billionaire brothers Malvinder and Shivinder Singh, has a joint venture in Nepal, besides its Indian operations. (Economic Times)

Tainwala Buys 48.5% Stake In Planet Retail – Samsonite President (Asia-Pacific and West Asia), Ramesh Tainwala, has acquired a 48.5% stake in Planet Retail, a Mumbai-based lifestyle and fashion retailer. Together, Tainwala and firm’s promoter, V P Sharma, own 97% of the company, while Future Group’s Kishore Biyani holds the remaining 3%. Planet Retail, which has a turnover of Rs 170 crore, has in-licensing agreements with fashion brands Guess, Accessorize and Nautica. The company has close to 200 stores, and plans to raise the number to about 700 in the next three years. In order to expand, the firm will invest close to Rs 450 crore, Rs 110 crore of which will be invested this year. (Business Standard)

Imagination Acquires HelloSoft For Rs 225Cr – Imagination Technologies Ltd, the UK-based multimedia and communications technologies provider, has acquired HelloSoft, the US-headquartered firm with R&D interests in India, for a consideration of Rs 225 crore ($47 million) in cash-stock deal. Post acquisition, Imagination Technologies would let the HelloSoft brand continue as it increases workforce in the next few years. At present, it employs 150 people, taking the UK company’s total employee base to 800. (HinduBusinessLine)

Calsoft Gets Approval For OPD Biz – California Software Co Ltd has received its board of director’s approval for sale of outsourced product development (OPD) business to Alten Europe, SARL, France. The sale of OPD business, including all its tangible and intangible assets and headcounts is for a consideration of about Rs 100 crore. (Business Standard)

Milestone To Close Two Deals Worth Rs 160Cr – Milestone Capital Advisors, the private equity firm with focus on real estate investments, is set to close two deals worth Rs 160 crore. The firm which is in final stages of negotiations with real estate developers in Mumbai and Delhi will buy minority stake in two residential projects by this month. The investment will be made through its third fund, Milestone Domestic Scheme III, a Rs 500-crore domestic fund, which will be deployed fully in real estate projects in metros. (Business Standard)


Leave Your Comment
Gati Hives Off Bulk Of Logistics Biz, Sells 30% To Kintetsu For $53M

Gati Hives Off Bulk Of Logistics Biz, Sells 30% To Kintetsu For $53M

TEAM VCC 6 years ago
Gati Ltd’s stock price crashed 10 per cent to hit the lower circuit of the day...
Infrastructure Fund Of India Exits Logistics Firm Gati

Infrastructure Fund Of India Exits Logistics Firm Gati

Madhav A Chanchani 6 years ago
Infrastructure Fund of India LLC, a private equity fund managed by AMP Capital...
Gati Going For CDR North Of Rs 300Cr

Gati Going For CDR North Of Rs 300Cr

Shrija Agrawal 6 years ago
Logistics firm Gati Ltd is looking to restructure debt worth over Rs 300 crore...
No Comments

News Roundup: Dutch Firm TNT Eyes Stake In Gati

Powered by WordPress.com VIP