| Log in

News Roundup: Domino’s India Franchisee To Go For Listing

30 September, 2009

Financial Technologies To Raise Rs 1,500 Cr – The promoter of Multi-Commodity Exchange (MCX) will raise Rs 1,500 crore by issuing shares in the international markets and by private placement of shares with buyers. Financial Technologies India will also raise funds through GDRs etc, it said in a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange. (Business Standard)

Emami To Diversify, Plans Rs 5,000 Cr Capex – Emami plans to invest over Rs 5,000 crore in its non-FMCG businesses like bio-diesel and edible oils, paper and cement over the next 3-5 years. The Kolkata-based company’s 98% revenues come from the core businesses. Around 30% of the overall funding will be raised through equity, including private equity funding and qualified institutional placements. (DNA Money)

Carlyle, 3i In Talks With Strides – Private equity funds Carlyle Group and 3i Group have entered discussions for a stake in pharmaceutical company Strides Arcolab’s injectables business. Strides has appointed Lazard as the banker. The firm is asking for a valuation of around $170-$200 million for a substantial minority stake. (Economic Times)

Domino’s India Franchisee To Go For Listing – Domino’s Pizza Inc.’s Indian franchisee is planning to float an IPO which will see private equity investor JPMorgan going for an exit. Indocean Capital, an affiliate of JP Morgan Partners which invested in the firm 10 years ago, plans to sell its 33% stake. Jubliant Group, the Indian franchisee, owns the rest 67% of Domino’s Pizza India. (ET)

Ingersoll-Rand To Go For Delisting – Ingersoll-Rand (India) has revived and fast-tracked an earlier plan to buy back shares. The company, in which US-based Ingersoll-Rand has a 74% stake, had announced its plan to buy back share in March which got delayed. A fresh offer for share buyback is expected to come in a month’s time. (BS)

Jet To Raise Rs 1,000 Cr From Land Sale – Jet Airways plans to raise over Rs 1,000 crore by selling 2.5 acres of premium land it owns in the Bandra Kurla, Mumbai. The step will help the airline cut its debt burden of Rs 15,885 crore. The deal would also be a part of its efforts to raise upto $400 million (roughly Rs 2,000 crore). The firm is also planning to reduce debt by leasing aircraft and raising equity through a qualified institutional placement (QIP) of about $200 million. (BS)

Sahara Realty Unit To Raise Rs 3,450 cr – Sahara Prime City, part of Subrata Roy-led Sahara Group, filed the draft prospectus with Sebi for its initial public offer to raise up to Rs 3,450 crore. The company will utilise the fund raised from the IPO to develop townships in 99 cities. Other listed group firms are Sahara Housing Finance Corp Ltd and Sahara One Media & Entertainment Ltd. (BS)

Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision To Raise $150 Mn – Media firm Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision today said it will raise $150 million (nearly Rs 720.5 crore) through various routes from both the domestic and international markets. The board has approved raising funds through GDRs, ADRs or FCCBs or convertible securities linked to equity shares. Shareholders of the company will meet on October 24 for Extraordinary General Meeting, the filing added. (BS)


Leave Your Comment
News Roundup: ICICI Venture To Invest In Star Health

News Roundup: ICICI Venture To Invest In Star Health

TEAM VCC 8 years ago
ICICI Venture To Invest In Star Health – Private equity investor ICICI...
News Roundup: Apax, Carlyle Eye 20% Quippo Stake

News Roundup: Apax, Carlyle Eye 20% Quippo Stake

TEAM VCC 8 years ago
Essar To Raise Rs 4,500 Cr By Pledging Vodafone Stake – Essar group is...
News Roundup: ICICI Bank Sells 4.41% Stake In 3i Infotech

News Roundup: ICICI Bank Sells 4.41% Stake In 3i Infotech

TEAM VCC 8 years ago
GKF&L Buys Sigrun Realities For Rs 345 Cr – Agra-based non-banking...
No Comments

News Roundup: Domino’s India Franchisee To Go For Listing

Powered by WordPress.com VIP