| Log in

Japanese Firm Tamura Enters India With Romarsh Buy

07 May, 2010

Tamura-Europe Ltd, a Japanese transformer manufacturer and part of listed Tamura Corporation, has acquired UK-based Romarsh Ltd,  a manufacturer of bespoke power transformers and wound components, for an undisclosed sum. 

The acquisition marks the entry of Tamura in the Indian market with direct access to a manufacturing facility. Romarsh Ltd is a joint venture partner in Romarsh Elcomponics Technologies Pvt Ltd (RETPL) with Noida-based Elcomponics Sales Pvt Ltd. Elcomponics holds 50.1% stake in the firm while the remaining 49.9% is with Romarsh. The company was formed in 2006. 

Following this acquisition, Romarsh stake will be transferred to Tamura and two members from Tamura will join Romarsh Elcomponics Technologies board, SN Dwivedi, managing director, RETPL, told VCCircle. The acquisition of Romarsh will also help Tamura to foray into manufacturing larger wound components for traction application.

“The acquisition of Romarsh by Tamura will help expand our business as well. We can leverage Tamura’s expertise in the transformer manufacturing space and will tap potential markets in overseas geographies as well,” Dwivedi added.  

Tamura is a $790-million company and a leading player in the electronics components manufacturing space for industrial, telecom and consumer markets. It manufactures electronic components, electronic chemicals & soldering systems and information equipments. 

It says the acquisition is a major step forward in expanding presence in the manufacture of medium to large size transformers and reactors for traction, safe and renewable energy market. The company is primarily operational in Europe, apart from Middle East and India.


Leave Your Comment
BMT picks 60% stake in auto parts firm Involute for $26M

BMT picks 60% stake in auto parts firm Involute for $26M

Bhawna Gupta 2 years ago
Belgian family-owned industrial conglomerate BMT Group has acquired a...
Power transformer maker Marsons to pick stake in Dubai-based firm

Power transformer maker Marsons to pick stake in Dubai-based firm

Anuradha Verma 2 years ago
Kolkata-based power transformer maker Marsons Ltd has agreed to acquire a...
Chartbusters: Five Top Venture Capital Deals Of 2009

Chartbusters: Five Top Venture Capital Deals Of 2009

TEAM VCC 8 years ago
The trend in the top five VC deals in 2009 is that three of them were follow-on...
No Comments

Japanese Firm Tamura Enters India With Romarsh Buy

Powered by WordPress.com VIP