In India, food & agri is a prime focal area for government initiatives. With new policies, encouraging regulations to invite FDI and internal funding in the sector, entrepreneurs and investors are excited about the space. On the other hand, there are certain challenges including funding in packaged foods, difficulties in scaling up HORECA and food businesses, crop insurance, managing backend logistics from farm to factory, etc. that hinder the growth prospects.
Looking at this scenario, the current trend for the food & agri space seems to be the scaling up of the existing businesses and expanding growth margins. While angel funds and VCs are crucial at every juncture, PE players seem to be bullish on the segment.
Against this backdrop of challenges, opportunities and market perceptions, News Corp VCCircle is organising the 8th edition of Food & Agri Investment Summit on 25th October 2016 at Taj Lands End, Mumbai. The summit is themed around “Ascertaining growth drivers for food, agri & consumer businesses”.
Areas of discussions will include:
- Investment outlook for food & beverages businesses in 2016 - Where do the opportunities lie?
- Scaling up food businesses in India – From a promoter, entrepreneur and private equity perspective
- Food services – Changing consumer trends in HORECA market
- Packaged foods – What are the investors thinking?
- Food business from a VC’s lens
- Investment outlook 2016 for agribusiness –
Making business more investment friendly
- Supply chain and post-harvest solutions –
- Boosting farm productivities through technologies – Breaking the conventional supply chain
- Post-harvest solutions: Disruptive models
To participate and gain insights on factors driving growth in food and agri space, register now or write to Kanika at email@example.com.
Tweet us your thoughts: Follow us at @vccircleevents and use our event hashtag #FoodAgri
Like this report? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get our top reports.