| Log in
VCCircle_VISA_Steel_Odisha Photo Credit: In 2012, Visa Steel joined hands with SunCoke Energy for a heat recovery coke plant at Kalinganagar in Odisha.

Baosteel to pick 5% stake in Visa Steel

24 August, 2015

Chinese steelmaker Baosteel Group Corporation is picking up 5 per cent stake in Kolkata-based steel manufacturing company Visa Steel Ltd, according to a stock market disclosure.

This involves a merger between Visa Bao Ltd with Visa Steel Ltd. Visa Bao was formed in 2008 as a joint venture between Visa Steel and Baosteel for building a ferro chrome plant in Odisha. In the JV, Visa Steel holds a 65 per cent stake and the remaining 35 per cent is held by Baosteel.

“The amalgamation will make Visa Steel one of the largest ferro chrome producers in India. The integration will improve the operational and cost efficiency of the ferro chrome business,” said Vishal Agarwal, vice-chairman and managing director of Visa Steel.

Founded in 1994, Visa Steel is engaged into special steel, ferro chrome and metallurgical coke business in India. It has pig iron, ferro chrome rolling and sponge iron plants.

In 2012, the company had separately joined hands with SunCoke Energy for a heat recovery coke plant and associated steam generation units at Kalinganagar in Odisha.

Visa Steel’s scrip was trading at Rs 14.20 each, down 6.89 per cent on BSE in a weak Mumbai market on Monday at 2.58 PM.


Leave Your Comment
VISA Steel to sell 49% stake in coke-making JV to US-based SunCoke for $67M

VISA Steel to sell 49% stake in coke-making JV to US-based SunCoke for $67M

Bhawna Gupta 5 years ago
Bhubaneswar-based steel manufacturing company VISA Steel Ltd has formed a coke...
Facor Alloys acquires 51% stake in Dutch firm Dillenburg Bergen for $10M

Facor Alloys acquires 51% stake in Dutch firm Dillenburg Bergen for $10M

Bhawna Gupta 5 years ago
Facor Alloys Ltd, through its overseas wholly owned subsidiary Facor Minerals ...
Lenders to take 51% stake in Blackstone-backed Monnet Ispat

Lenders to take 51% stake in Blackstone-backed Monnet Ispat

Anuradha Verma 2 years ago
A group of lenders to Monnet Ispat & Energy Ltd have decided to convert...
No Comments

Baosteel to pick 5% stake in Visa Steel

Powered by WordPress.com VIP