Year 2014 witnessed consolidation in the Indian e-commerce market with clear leaders breaking out of the pack in some verticals like kids’ products, furniture, etc while a troika emerged in the horizontal e-tailing space. Both investors and strategic investors latched on to their horses having bet over a billion dollar or more each in the top three e-tailers alone.
Be it one of the single biggest private funding round in an e-com firm globally or Alibaba's biggest shareholder SoftBank drawing a big investment commitment for India and the single biggest M&A to date, Indian e-com saw it all. And action is getting hotter with Amazon in talks to buy Jabong in possibly its biggest deal ever, comparable to its acquisition of Zappos five years ago.
The activity is not limited to e-tailers but covers their enablers. So firms engaged in logistics, Big Data analytics, couponing, etc, also saw their business getting an automatic booster shot both in terms of traction and investor interest.
In light of the industry entering a new phase and truly disrupting retailing on a broader play, Techcircle is organising the 7th edition of Techcircle E-commerce Forum on 26th February at Vivanta By Taj, Cuff Parade in Mumbai.
It would discuss the ground reality of what’s driving such investments, fundamentals behind the business, investor’s bullish attitude and future of the ecommerce industry in the medium to long term.
Why you should attend?
- Annual meeting ground for top, emerging and startups riding the ecommerce wave
- Build conversations, validate ideas and business models, network with leading investors betting big on ecommerce play in India and meet peer entrepreneurs and potential business partners
- Tap into latest trends driving investments and Indian ecommerce play
- Key discussions: a) E-commerce play in India: Too expensive a bet or futuristic investment at a nominal price? b) FDI: Boon or bane? c) Is consolidation the only way forward? d) E-commerce vs. m-commerce e) Opportunities for B2B e-commerce in India f) Rise of the e-commerce facilitators g) E-com vs. brick & mortar h) Customer loyalty in the digital world of e-commerce
- Experience high pedigree of innovative e-commerce & allied startups @ our curated platform, Techcircle Showcase. Meet select startups presenting their emerging business models to a houseful of investors & fellow entrepreneurs.
Register now at much discounted rates till 14th Jan or write to Sandeep/Ipshita at
For branding, kiosk, display & sponsorship opportunities, write to email@example.com
To nominate speakers, please share a brief profile at firstname.lastname@example.org Leave Your Comment