IFC leading $10M Series B investment in NephroPlus
International Finance Corp, the private sector lending arm of World Bank group, is leading a Series B investment of $10 million in Nephrocare Health Services Pvt Ltd, which runs a dialysis chain under the brand NephroPlus.
IFC may bring in up to $7 million in the company with existing investor Bessemer Venture Partners bringing in another $3 million.
The company had first secured Series A funding of around $4 million from Bessemer Venture Partners in 2011.
Hyderabad-based NephroPlus has 19 centres across nine states in the country. The company runs dialysis units in multispecialty hospitals as well as stand-alone dialysis centres. It will look at PPP projects in India and neighbouring countries like Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan.
In India, the company is already active in PPP space and has a unit at Employees States Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Super Specialty Government Hospital in Hyderabad.
NephroPlus was founded by Vikram Vuppala, Sandeep Gudibanda and Kamal Shah in 2009.
Indian dialysis space has attracted attention from private equity investors and international players alike. Earlier, DaVita acquired majority stake in NephroLife India and a number of players are looking to raise capital like Sparsh Nephrocare and Deep Chand Dialysis Centre.
(Edited by Joby Puthuparampil Johnson)
International Finance Corp. is the private equity and venture capital arm of World Bank. It provides capital to early stage companies operating in emerging markets such as Africa, East Asia, South Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East countries. The firm seeks to invest in finance, oil and energy, manufacturing, healthcare, electronics, auto parts, education, information technology, engineering, logistics, agricultural and pharmaceutical sectors. The firm also offers loans, structured finance, risk management, trade finance and local currency financing services. International Finance Corp. is based in Washington DC, United States of America with additional offices in East Asia and the Pacific, MENA regions, Latin America and the Caribbean, South Asia, Western Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- IFC to back Jungle Ventures' second fund
- Exclusive: IFC exits Gujarat State Petronet
- StanChart PE, ADB & IFC commit $140M to Shapoorji Pallonji's affordable housing JV
- Distressed assets-focused investor Mount Kellett, IFC exit Educomp with huge loss
- Data centre firm NxtGen raises $13.5M from IFC, Axon Partners Group, Intel Capital
- IFC may invest up to $7M in home healthcare services firm Portea
Bessemer Venture Partners LP is a venture capital firm with more than $4 billion assets under management. It provides seed, early, expansion, growth and late stage capital to companies across the world. The firm seeks to invest in technology, retail, telecom, healthcare, manufacturing, clean-tech, finance, hospitality, media and entertainment, food and beverages, real estate, pharma, infrastructure and logistics sectors. It typically invests between $0.1 million and $75 million in its portfolio companies. The company was founded in 1911 and is based in Bangalore, Karnataka with additional offices at Boston, New York, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Israel and Minecraft.
- Online grocer BigBasket raises $50M from Bessemer, others
- Exclusive: Bessemer sells bulk of its stake in Shriram City Union Finance with bi...
- On-demand electronics services startup HandyHome secures $500K from Bessemer, Kae...
- Bessemer Venture Partners part-exits IL&FS Transportation at a loss
- Video analytics startup Vidooly raises seed funding from Bessemer Venture Partners
- TravelTriangle raises $8M from Bessemer Venture Partners and SAIF Partners