E-commerce segment in India is currently toxic: Sistema Asia Fund’s Andrey Terebenin
Sistema Asia Fund, the venture capital arm of Russia conglomerate Sistema JSFC, is looking to expand in India. The investment firm, in early 2016, floated a proprietary fund with a corpus of $50 million and has backed three startups. It is now preparing to float another fund to tap into the growing technology startup segment in the country. In an interview with VCCircle, Andrey Terebenin, head of Sistema Asia Fund Advisory, talks about the firm’s investment strategy, the Indian startup ecosystem and the challenges it faces. Excerpts: It’s been a year since you launched Sistema Asia Fund. What are the...
The information in this article is submitted and completely owned by KPMG. In our view the long term India gr
Sistema JSFC is an investment management company. It offers investment solutions to telecommunications, high technology, oil and energy, real estate, radars and aerospace, banking, retail, mass-media, tourism and healthcare sectors. Sistema JSFC was founded in 1993 and is based in Moscow, Russia.
Pune Startups owns and operates a startup-centered community of entrepreneurs called Pune OpenCoffee Club. It offers a platform for startups entrepreneurs to meet each other in pune. It organises the event and list the startup job. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Pune, Maharashtra.
- Is it time for Indian startups to start taking manufacturing seriously?
- Payment wallets next big M&A opportunity: VCCircle’s Nita Kapoor
- How does India’s startup ecosystem compare with that of the US?
- Nudge Foundation to invest $7.3 mn via incubator for non-profit startups
- Billion-dollar deals push M&As in India to new high; PE & VC investments flounder