Au Financiers raises $21M in fourth round from existing investors, promoters
Rajasthan-based non-banking finance company Au Financiers (India) Ltd has raised $21 million (around Rs 126 crore) in its fourth round of fundraising through preferential allotment to existing shareholders, including the promoters.
The investment will be primarily used for expanding its network in 10 states namely Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Delhi-NCR, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh and for future business expansion activities of the company.
Existing shareholders International Finance Corporation (IFC), Warburg Pincus and ChrysCapital participated in this round. Financial services firm Motilal Oswal Securities has also invested $3 million in the latest round. Previously two private equity funds managed by Motilal Oswal Group had invested in the NBFC.
The Jaipur-headquartered firm, which has 225 branches in north western parts of India, had previously raised funds in 2008, 2010 and 2012. The company expects its loan book to soon hit the $1 billion milestone.
In February this year, IFC lent $30 million to Au Financiers through non-convertible debentures. The private sector investment arm of the World Bank has backed several NBFCs in the past, including Magma Fincorp Ltd and Bandhan Financial Services.
Warburg Pincus also separately controls public listed NBFC Capital First.
(Edited by Joby Puthuparampil Johnson)
India has indisputably positioned itself as a world leader in business and technology. The tech-savvy entrepre
Warburg Pincus India Pvt. Ltd. is a private equity firm with over $39 billion assets under management. It provides expansion, growth stage, buyouts, spin-off, restructuring and recapitalization capital to companies operating in North America, Europe and Asia. The firm seeks to invest in financial services, healthcare, industrial, technology, media and telecommunications, energy, consumer and retail and real estate sectors. It typically acts as lead investor in transactions with an average investment period between five and seven years and takes a board seat in its portfolio companies. Warburg Pincus India Pvt. Ltd. was founded in 1966 and is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra with head quarters in New York and additional offices in Beijing, Hong kong, London, and Tokyo. The company was originally founded in 1939 as E.M. Warburg & Co. which was later acquired by Lionel I. Pincus & Co. forming Warburg Pincus Private Equity.
Nuvo Chryscapital Advisors Pvt. Ltd. is engaged in providing investment advisory services to ChrysCapital Investment Advisors India Pvt. Ltd. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Hero FinCorp raises $105 mn from ChyrsCapital, Credit Suisse
- Exclusive: ChrysCap part-exits Torrent Pharma
- ChrysCap ups stake in South Indian Bank
- Exclusive: ChrysCap invests in newspaper publisher Hindustan
- ChrysCapital invests $63M in US-headquartered IT firm Infogain
- ChrysCap strikes exit from Mankind Pharma, to sell stake to Capital International
Motilal Oswal Asset Management Co. Ltd.
- Motilal Oswal AMC crosses $1B assets under management mark
- Motilal Oswal AMC launches offshore hedge fund, to raise $100M by December
- Girish Nadkarni joins Motilal Oswal as managing director for investment banking
- Motilal Oswal eyes first close of new realty fund at $32M by February
- IFC to commit over $80M in mid-market India-focused PE funds by next June