Anshuman Goenka joins Banyan Tree Finance as MD
Anshuman Goenka, who has been working in private equity space for the last seven years in India, has joined Banyan Tree Finance as managing director. Banyan Tree Finance is the local advisor to Banyan Tree Growth Capital which manages assets of $300 million across two PE funds.
Prior to this, Goenka worked with Standard Chartered Private Equity where he managed the fund's investment in Privi Organics Ltd. The Cambridge graduate, who has an MBA from ISB, has also worked with Baer Capital Partners where he led investments in The Ratnakar Bank Ltd, National Stock Exchange, a2z Maintenance and Engineering, New Horizon Media and Everest Kanto Cylinders.
Previously he has also worked with Rabo India, The Boston Consulting Group and Accenture in the consulting and investment banking space.
(Edited by Joby Puthuparampil Johnson)
BanyanTree Growth Capital II is a $175 million private equity fund managed by BanyanTree Capital Advisors. It provides structured investments to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in India.
- Trimax scraps proposed India IPO, may list overseas to give exit to PE firms
- Anshuman Goenka joins Banyan Tree Finance as MD
- BanyanTree Growth Capital II invests $8.6M in renewable power firm Atria
- 3i's Nikhil Gahrotra joins Banyan Tree Finance as director
- BanyanTree’s second fund hits first close, reaches close to 100M
- Aditya Birla PE Invests $20M In IT Services Firm Trimax
Standard Chartered Private Equity Fund is a private equity fund managed by Standard Chartered Private Equity Advisory India Pvt. Ltd. It provides growth, management buyouts and mezzanine capital to companies operating in Greater China, African, India, Korea and South East Asia. The firm seeks to invest in media, food and beverages, manufacturing, infrastructure, energy, information technology, hotels and resorts, construction, technology, financial and Pharmaceutical sectors. It seeks to invest typically between $10 million and $100 million in its portfolio companies.
- StanChart PE, ADB & IFC commit $140M to Shapoorji Pallonji's affordable housing JV
- StanChart CEO for EMEA & Americas Viswanathan Shankar resigns, to float PE firm
- StanChart PE exiting Man Infraconstruction with a haircut
- Sterlite Power Grid raising $83M from StanChart PE
- Sterlite Grid raising $100M from Standard Chartered PE
- Apax Partners in race to buy Standard Chartered PE’s stake in Sutherland BPO