Anshuman Goenka joins Banyan Tree Finance as MD
Anshuman Goenka, who has been working in private equity space for the last seven years in India, has joined Banyan Tree Finance as managing director. Banyan Tree Finance is the local advisor to Banyan Tree Growth Capital which manages assets of $300 million across two PE funds.
Prior to this, Goenka worked with Standard Chartered Private Equity where he managed the fund's investment in Privi Organics Ltd. The Cambridge graduate, who has an MBA from ISB, has also worked with Baer Capital Partners where he led investments in The Ratnakar Bank Ltd, National Stock Exchange, a2z Maintenance and Engineering, New Horizon Media and Everest Kanto Cylinders.
Previously he has also worked with Rabo India, The Boston Consulting Group and Accenture in the consulting and investment banking space.
(Edited by Joby Puthuparampil Johnson)
Government’s ambitious ‘Startup India’ campaign is essentially geared towards promoting the entrepreneur
BanyanTree Growth Capital II is a $175 million private equity fund managed by BanyanTree Capital Advisors. It provides structured investments to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in India. The firm also provides finance to middle-market companies operating in India.
- Exclusive: BanyanTree Capital reinvests in a healthcare company
- Trimax scraps proposed India IPO, may list overseas to give exit to PE firms
- BanyanTree Growth Capital II invests $8.6M in renewable power firm Atria
- 3i's Nikhil Gahrotra joins Banyan Tree Finance as director
- BanyanTree’s second fund hits first close, reaches close to 100M
Standard Chartered Private Equity Advisory India Pvt. Ltd. is a private equity and venture capital arm of Standard Chartered Bank PLC. It provides growth, management buyouts and mezzanine capital to companies operating in Greater China, African, India, Korea and South East Asia. The firm seeks to invest in media, food and beverages, manufacturing, infrastructure, energy, information technology, hotels and resorts, construction, technology, financial and Pharmaceutical sectors. It seeks to invest typically between $10 million and $100 million in its portfolio companies. The company is based in Singapore with additional offices at India, China, Korea and South East Asia.
- Tata Realty, StanChart JV seals big-ticket land deal with M3M India
- Exclusive: Tata Realty-StanChart PE JV in talks to buy M3M asset
- Exclusive: StanChart PE bullish on platform deals in real estate
- StanChart PE buys 9.7% more in Prime Focus from Reliance
- StanChart PE, ADB & IFC commit $140M to Shapoorji Pallonji's affordable housing JV
- StanChart CEO for EMEA & Americas Viswanathan Shankar resigns, to float PE firm