Jaiprakash defers share sale in Jaypee Infra after prices fall
Engineering and construction company Jaiprakash Associates Ltd has deferred a planned sale of shares in its unit Jaypee Infratech after share prices of the subsidiary fell 8.5 per cent on Wednesday, the parent company said.
"In view of today's unusual fall in the share price of Jaypee Infratech ... Jaiprakash Associates Ltd has decided to defer the said offer for sale," the company said in a statement late on Wednesday.
Jaiprakash Infratech, which builds roads and homes primarily in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, had planned to sell 98.5 million shares on Thursday to raise up to $94 million to meet the market regulator's guidelines on minimum public shareholding.
On Tuesday, Jaiprakash Associates, which owns about 83 per cent of Jaypee Infratech, had said it would sell 27.9 million shares to institutional investors with an option to increase it by another 70.6 million.
A decade ago, the idea of a driverless car in real life would have been considered laughable. Today, it is a t
Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. is an industrial conglomerate. It is into the businesses focused on engineering and construction, cement, power, real estate, expressways, fertilizer, hospitality, healthcare, environment sports, information technology and education sector under the brand name Jaypee Group. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh with an additional office in Delhi.
- CK Birla firm to buy two cement assets from Jaypee Group for $300 mn
- Govt notifies draft rules for transfer of mines, seeks comments till 25 May
- UltraTech to buy Jaiprakash cement units in revised deal
- UltraTech to buy bulk of Jaypee Cement for $2.4B
- UltraTech to issue NCDs worth $739M to Jaiprakash for buying two cement units
- UltraTech to acquire two cement units from Jaiprakash Associates for $853M